Fleurs en Vase
20th-century French school oil on canvas signed lower right F. Fouquet (19th & 20th century) and dated 1914. The work is smooth to the touch.
A still life with fine and controlled brushstrokes. However, a soft textured effect appears on certain petals. The background seems to be a "trompe l'oeil" with leaves and wire netting that captures the bouquet and its freshness. There is an impressive fineness and expertise of the details of this painting that is revealed upon closer inspection.
- Overall Size: 16.1" x 10.6" / 41cm x 27cm.
- Country: France.
- Attributed: F Fouquet (19th & 20th century).
- Date: 1914.
- Condition: The canvas is in good condition despite small cracks visible up close and rare traces.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free global shipping is included with this painting. A surcharge is added for Australia, New Zealand, and Asia.
- Please note: Paintings purchased between August 27-September 10 will ship the week of September 11th.