19th-century French School oil painting on carton signed A. Duveau (19th and 20th century) and dated 1897. The artwork's surface is smooth to the touch.
This rare bust portrait captures a man gazing out of a window. The artist has employed delicate brushstrokes to intricately depict the character, while adopting a more spontaneous approach for the surrounding vegetation. This interplay of techniques generates a captivating visual dynamic, effectively tempering the gravity of the character and his demeanor. The vintage carved frame further enhances the piece's allure.
- Overall Size: 10.2" x 8.2" / 26cm x 21cm.
- Size without the frame: 7" x 5.5" / 18cm x 14cm.
- Signed: A. Duveau (19th and 20th century).
- Date: 1897.
- Condition: The character exhibits a few minor, subtle golden spots on both the face and the attire. Please see zoom of the man's face where there are a few missing spots of paint. The original frame shows three gaps at the bottom right corner and a covered area at the top right.
- Materials: Oil on carton with a wood and stucco frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping is included with this painting. A surcharge is added for Australia, New Zealand, and Asia.
- Please note: Paintings purchased between August 27-September 10 will ship the week of September 11th.