20th-century oil on canvas attributed to Odette Durand (1885-1972). The artwork's surface is notably smooth to the touch.
This study of a horse exhibits a diverse range of brushstrokes, each serving a distinct purpose in terms of intention and volume. The handling of reflections and the interplay of light indicate a dedicated pursuit of realism. The minimalist and unrefined aspects of the piece contribute to its distinctive character.
- Overall Size: 9.4" x 12.9" / 24cm x 33cm.
- Country: France.
- Attributed: Odette Durand (1885-1972).
- Date: Early 1900's.
- Condition: The canvas shows traces, has some light marks and minor areas of micro openings.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free global shipping is included with this painting. A surcharge is added for Australia, New Zealand, and Asia.
- Please note: Paintings purchased between August 27-September 10 will ship the week of September 11th.