20th-century oil painting on wood panel. The work has a little texture to the touch.
This Impressionist seascape is characterized by voluminous comma-shaped brushstrokes. The arrangement of these strokes generates a tangible sense of movement within the piece. The palette leans towards relatively darker tones, with moments of light heightened by delicate touches representing the waves. The oil colors have changed tone with time, creating a darker patina across the surface of the painting with a lighter edge where a frame once protected the edges.
- Overall Size: 10.6" x 13.7" / 27cm x 35cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Anonymous.
- Date: Early 1900's.
- Condition: The edges of the panel show gaps resulting from previous framing.
- Materials: Oil on wood panel.
- Shipping: Free global shipping is included with this painting. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.
- Please note: Paintings purchased between August 27-September 10 will ship the week of September 11th.