19th century French School oil painting on carton. The artwork is smooth to the touch.
The cliffs of Étretat (Normandy) inspired the greatest French artists including Monet, Delacroix, Corot, Boudin... This view represents the famous Manneporte and its needle. The chiaroscuro builds on the twilight by projecting light onto the back of the hill rugged cliffs and rock structures. The overcast sky filters part of the light with pink tints. The dawning luminosity and the juxtaposition of brushstrokes are perfectly representative of the Impressionist movement.
- Overall size: 11" x 12.9" / 28cm x 33cm.
- Size without the frame: 9" x 11" / 23cm x 28cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Anonymous.
- Date: Late 19th century.
- Condition: The carton is in very good condition despite a few rare small gaps and traces. The frame has missing pearls on the outer edges and certain angles.
- Materials: Oil on carton.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).