20th-century French School oil on wood panel painting signed Jean Charles Mercier (1832-1909). This painting is inscribed and dated on the back, September 16, 1894 and located as La Varenne Saint-Hilaire (near Paris). The work is smooth to the touch.
A lake landscape painting showing a reflective body of water illuminated by the natural light of a clear day under an open sky. Mercier concentrated on the details of the landscape, the ducks and reflections on the water. The realistic palette blends beautifully with the gilt wood and stucco frame and its foliage decor. The wood panel is reinforced on the back and represents a high quality panel.
- Overall Size: 15.3" x 18.5" / 39cm x 47cm.
- Size without the frame: 10.6" x 13.7" / 27cm x 35cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Jean Charles Mercier (1832-1909).
- Date: Early 1900's.
- Condition: The panel is in very good condition as well as the frame, despite a few rare impacts.
- Materials: Oil on a hard wood panel, in an antique frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.