Landscape with Herd
Antique oil painting from France: This ancient country scene is not signed but certainly dates from the end of the 19th century and could be linked to the Barbizon School. The great depth of this canvas is breathtaking. The painter's palette magnifies this peaceful herd and softens the mountainous horizon with a light veil. The carved wooden frame gives a real elegance to the whole and brings out the light of the wonderful painting.
- Overall size: 22.8" x 29.1" / 58.5cm x 74cm.
- Size without the frame: 17.3" x 23.2" / 44.5cm x 59.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: No.
- Date: Late 1800's.
- Condition: Apparent veins on the canvas and craquelures. The frame is not original but beautiful and strong. There is just one chip on the carved wooden frame, at the rear left corner. The frame has a small piece missing in the inner right corner of the frame and an other missing chip on the left side, at the same level.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).