Matin sur l'Étang
19th century French School oil on canvas signed Robert Fremont and titled "Le Matin sur l'Étang" (Morning on the pond). The canvas has a little texture to the touch.
A Normand pond landscape with a complex light. The luminosity is divided between the clear spaces of the sky and the clear reflections on the water. The darker masses are compact but finely detailed. An impactful realistic overall effect lives through the combination of the chiaroscuro, the intricate palette of greens, and the hazier approach of the distant heart of the forest.
More about the artist: Robert Fremont, active at the end of the 19th century, is a post-impressionist Norman painter who painted Norman landscapes and urban scenes in oil and watercolor. His work stands out through his moderate use of colors which enhances their power. Natural light variations are central to his landscapes. Several of his works can be found in Parisian museums and outside of the capital.
- Overall size: 21.6" x 28.3" / 55.5cm x 72.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 14.9" x 21.6" / 38cm x 55cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Robert Fremont, active at the end of the 19th century.
- Date: Late 19th century.
- Condition: The canvas is in good condition despite linear marks at sky level and on some upper foliage. There are restoration patches on the back. The solid wood frame and its moldings are in very good condition.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (with a surcharge for Australia & New Zealand).