19th-century French School oil painting on canvas by G. Bastard (19th century), signed in the lower left corner. On the back, a partial location description and a label identifies "Magasins du Louvre à Paris". The canvas exhibits a subtle texture to the touch.
This is a captivating landscape, where brushstrokes emit liveliness and emotion. Each zone of vegetation is portrayed with distinct volume and texture, creating a profound sense of depth within the artwork. The use of light is vivid and draws upon a realistic natural palette. The large frame, crafted from dazzling gilded wood, magnifies the light of the scene and adds a profound elegance (and impressive dimension) to the painting.
- Overall Size: 18.8" x 24" / 48cm x 62cm.
Size without the frame: 10.6" x 16.1" / 27cm x 41cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: G. Bastard (19th century).
- Date: Late 1800s.
- Condition: The canvas is in good condition despite two small gaps on the center-left pictorial layer. The frame has a lack in the lower right corner and traces due to time.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas with a wood frame.
- Shipping: Free global DHL Shipping is included with this painting. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.