Vintage oil painting: French School of the twentieth-century oil on canvas painting signed Pierre Gautier (1923-2006) and entitled Les Champs (The Fields). Large-scale painting.
This canvas is smooth with regular and controlled brush strokes. Gautiez takes us on a journey through this bucolic windswept landscape. The extent of his technical mastery for landscapes is revealed in this work using the hyper-realistic light and its balanced distribution. Each variation is perfectly calculated, transposing luminosity and shadows with striking authenticity.
About the artist: Pierre Gautier (1923-2006) was French painter, illustrator and art critic born in 1923 in Joigny (Burgundy). Passionate about painting and music (he was a high-level saxophonist), he went to the Beaux-Arts School of Rouen and won numerous prizes by actively participating in the major Parisian salons. He was admired for his technical precision and the romanticism of his vision. He tirelessly drew his inspiration from masters such as William Turner (1775-1851) or Gustave Courbet (1819-1877).
He painted a few portraits and still lifes, but excelled in landscapes, and traveled all over Europe, looking for profound landscapes to paint with his keen eye and his post-impressionist approach. He died in Bois-Guillaume (Normandy) in 2006.
- Overall size: 32.6" x 38.1" / 83cm x 97.5cm.
- Size without the Frame: 25.9" x 31.8" / 66cm x 81cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Pierre Gautier (1923-2006).
- Date: Twentieth-century.
- Condition: The canvas is in good condition despite a few small gaps, the main ones being in the center of the work (0.7 ") in the sky and then just above the horizon of the landscape (1.3 "). The frame is also in good condition with some marks and impacts but without any gaps.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia.