L'Été au Village
20th-century French School oil on canvas signed Stanislas Gautier (19th-20th century) in the lower lefthand corner. The canvas is smooth to the touch.
A French village view with a bell tower and a man in the foreground. The light is perfectly distributed with its wide clear sky and its bright green palette around the sheep. The shadows seem to embrace the scene and balance the light as do the branches in the foreground. The lines are round and harmonious and converge towards the bell tower of the village.
- Overall size: 16.5" x 23.2" / 42cm x 59cm.
- Size without the frame: 14.9" x 21.6" / 38cm x 55cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Stanislas Gautier (19th-20th century).
- Date: Early 20th century.
- Condition: The canvas has veins and a small opening located on the right side of the sky. The gilded frame bears impacts and losses which give charm.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (with a surcharge for Australia & New Zealand).