19th-century oil on wood panel signed M. Couder (19th-20th century), dated 1889 and located as Saint-Honorat. The panel has a lot of texture to the touch.
This colorful landscape perfectly represents the emotional exaltation and the technical freedom of the Impressionist movement with an important variety of volumes and colors.
About the Island: Saint-Honorat Island is one of two Lérins Islands located in the Bay of Cannes, in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region. Saint-Honorat Island has had a monastery since 410. To this day, the island is occupied by about twenty monks residing in a monastery of the Cistercian congregation of the Immaculate Conception. In 2021, the monastic island of Saint-Honorat was included on the national list of French properties on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Overall size: 18.5" x 25.1" / 47.5cm x 64.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 14.9" x 21.6" / 38cm x 55cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: M. Couder (19th-20th century).
- Date: 1889.
- Condition: The set is in very good condition despite a few small holes in the panel.
- Materials: Oil on wood.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (with a surcharge for Australia and New Zealand).