19th-century French School oil painting on paper mounted on carton. Attributed to Marius Engalière (1824-1857). The work is smooth to the touch.
A mountain and city view with regular brushstrokes and beautiful natural light. The shadows from the clouds skirt the edges of the city, bringing out the central light. The antique gold leafed wooden frame sublimates the contemplative effect of the landscape.
- Overall Size: 9.8" x 14.1" / 25.5cm x 36.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 8.6" x 12.5" / 22.5cm x 32cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Attributed to Marius Engalière (1824-1857).
- Date: Mid-19th century.
- Condition: The panel is in very good condition for its age. The frame has marks and impacts that add to the charm.
- Materials: Oil on paper mounted on carton with a wood frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.