Village en Fête
19th century French School on canvas signed by Jean Philippe Gayral (1872-1957). The artwork is smooth to the touch.
A southern French village scene where an event appears to be celebrated. The village life is animated thanks to the slightly pastel palette and the impressionist brushstroke which translates the dynamics and the ephemeral effervescence of this celebration. The moment is also frozen in the light and shadows projected on the ground and the trees around the crowd.
- Overall size: 13.3" x 17.7" / 34cm x 45.5cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Jean Philippe Gayral (1872-1957).
- Date: Late 19th century.
- Condition: The canvas is in very good condition despite marks on the edges due to a previous frame.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (with a surcharge for Australia/New Zealand).