20th-century oil on carton panel signed Constant Léon Duval (1877-1956). Visible on the back of the frame is a salon label with the artist's name where the painting was exhibited. The panel has a little texture to the touch.
A view of the wooded park of Versailles beyond the gardens with its massive bodies of water, the Grand Canal. The brushstrokes are full of relief and emotion to give rise to a natural depth, an effect reinforced by hazy atmospheric lines and shapes. The light opens perfectly on the right side and contrasts smoothly with the dark autumn colors along the left path. A romantic time of year in one of the most beautiful gardens in the world.
- Overall size: 18.8" x 24.4" / 48cm x 62cm.
- Size without the frame: 14.9" x 20.4" / 38cm x 52.5cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Constant Léon Duval (1877-1956).
- Date: Early 20th century.
- Condition: The carton panel is in very good condition. The frame has significant losses due to age which offer cachet.
- Materials: Oil on carton.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (with a surcharge for Australia and New Zealand).