19th-century French School oil on wood panel signed in the lower right (illegible). This work has a little texture to the touch.
A river landscape with an authentic color palette across which natural light is perfectly transcribed. The shadows and reflections on the water are finely executed. The work is in harmony with the antique wooden frame and its gilded stucco decorated with foliage.
- Overall Size: 16.5" x 14.1" / 42cm x 36cm.
- Size without the frame: 9" x 6.2" / 23cm x 16cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Yes (illegible).
- Date: Mid-1800s.
- Condition: The panel is in very good condition. The old frame has marks and a lack of 0.5" on the interior moldings as well as a second smaller missing piece on the left edge.
- Materials: Oil on wood panel.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.