20th-century French School oil painting on canvas monogrammed "JP" (20th century) in the lower right. The artwork is smooth to the touch.
A view of a path with a flock of sheep and a figure. The brushstrokes are fine and regular. The color palette is sober and the light is balanced, the leaves look as if they are just turning to autumn. The carved wood and stucco frame gives character to the work, and the elaborate detailing of the framed corners are notable in their intricacy.
- Overall Size: 11.8" x 13.7" / 30cm x 35cm.
Size without the frame: 8.6" x 10.2" / 22cm x 26.5cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Monogrammed "JP" (20th-century).
- Date: Early-20th century.
- Condition: The canvas has a small opening on the left tree and a few chips of paint missing in the uppermost top portion of the sky. The frame has small gaps and bears traces of restoration.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas with a wood frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.