19th-century French School oil on canvas signed Charles Liebert (19th & 20th). The work is smooth to the touch.
A Mediterranean view with a slightly subdued light but a palette rich in bright colors, like the enamel blue sky and the fine shades of color on the lower bark of the tree. The black frame balances the colorful landscape and brings a touch of elegance to the whole.
About the artist: Charles Liebert (19th & 20th) was a French orientalist painter who traveled to France and North Africa where he sketched and painted as a seeker of authenticity and the right light. He created landscapes, genre scenes and a series of portraits in the central Sahara.
- Overall Size: 21.6" x 15.7" / 55cm x 40cm.
- Size without the frame: 16.1" x 10.6" / 41cm x 27cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Charles Liebert (19th & 20th).
- Date: Early 1900s.
- Condition: The canvas has gaps mainly on the left tree. The frame is in very good condition despite rare small impacts. There is an area in the central painting where the color of the paint has been stripped away, creating a matte effect.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.