Antique French Original Oil Portrait Painting: A modern large-scale nude signed by André Émile Planson (1898-1981). This impressive nude demonstrates the artist's technical mastery. Planson is generous with his medium, creating dimension and depth to this work in oil paint. With bold lines and warm colors, the work is presented nicely with a black and gold frame.
About the artist: André Émile Planson was born in 1898 and was a founding member of a collective known as Painters of Poetic Reality, established after the Second World War. He was also a member of the Academy of Les Beaux-Arts and participated in many exhibitions (such as Salons des Independants in 1923, The Venice Biennale in 1938 and the Sao Paulo Biennale in 1949). The majority of Planson's work is kept in the museum La Ferté-sous-Jouarre near Paris which is dedicated solely to his artistic contributions.
- Overall size: 34.6" x 27.5" / 88cm x 70cm.
- Size without the frame: 27.9" x 20.4" / 71.5cm x 52.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, André Émile Planson (1898-1981).
- Date: Mid-1900's.
- Condition: The canvas is in excellent condition, colors and shine are still present. On the back, there is a note written in felt-tip pen from the artist's daughter, Marie-Dominique, which certifies that the canvas is her father's. The frame is more recent and was produced by a framing workshop called DELF Cadre D'art. There are 2 small dents on the vertical right side.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia and New Zealand.