Original large scale antique nude painting from Europe: English School of the 20th-century oil on canvas, signed in the lower right: J.A Sheppard (20th century) and dated 1929. The canvas is smooth with some texture on the lower body of the model.
This English School female nude is very special for her enormous size, and the beautiful natural lines along her gorgeous shape. The brush lines are marked and bold, emotionally charged, yet gentle and matte at the same time - true to the 1920's. This feminine nude shines with its realism and this fragile, mesmerizing pose.
- Overall size: 35" x 29.9" / 89cm x 76.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 28.7" x 23.6" / 73cm x 60.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, J.A Sheppard (20th century).
- Date: 1929.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Condition: The canvas has scattered linear craquelures and veins mainly visible on the hair and certain edges of the body. There is a small gap (0.5 ") in the upper right corner and a rippling where the canvas has distorted a bit in the model's mid section. The frame has cracks and losses without having a major gap.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia.