Antique French oil painting: French school of the XIXth century study in oil on canvas featuring a woman, signed on the back Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938).
The canvas is smooth with an impression of volume and movement created through brushstroke.
A portrait of Bourgeoise in the academic style. The gradient mineral blue background aptly accentuates the light of the model's face and her beige dress. Ménard still transports us to the soul of his subject, who seems elsewhere at the moment, crossed by ephemeral emotion, a strong expression which raises questions in the spectator.
- Overall size: 21.6" x 18.5" / 55.5cm x 47cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: No, attributed to Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938).
- Date: XIXth century.
- Condition: The work is in good condition but shows some traces of restoration. There is a 1.1 "linear gap to the left of the hair. There are a few small gaps higher to the left of the model.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo.