French decor and fine art: French School of the XIXth Oil on canvas attributed to Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938).
The canvas has no abundance of material, the whole is smooth and the vegetation is worked with different waves of the brushes. The scene represents a young Breton leaning against a tree. The palette is natural with a balanced distribution of light. Ménard's technique and the rendering of the background can make one think of certain works by the impressionist Berthe Morisot (1841-1895), wife of Eugène Manet, one of Édouart Manet's two brothers.
- Overall size: 15.3" x 18.1" / 39cm x 46cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: No, attributed to Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938).
- Date: XIXth century.
- Condition: The canvas is in very good condition for its age.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo.