Fruits sur Table
20th Century French School oil on canvas laid on hardboard and signed by Jeanne Lourier Dreyfus (1872-1955). The artwork has a little texture to the touch on the fruits.
More about the artist: Jeanne Lourier Dreyfus is a French Post-Impressionist painter born in Nancy (East of France) in 1872 and died in 1955 in her hometown.
She begins her training with Pierre Eugène Montézin (1874-1946) and then joins the art studio of the naturalist painter, Jules Adler (1865-1952), also known as the "the painter of the humble".
Lourier mainly paints parks scenes, Eastern France villages and still lifes. It stands out with her bright and mastered colors and continuous brushstrokes that leave behind blurred but intimate faces. She won the gold medal at the Salon of French Artists in 1934.
- Overall size: 18.8" x 22" / 48.5cm x 56cm.
- Size without the frame: 15.3" x 18.1" / 39cm x 46.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Jeanne Lourier Dreyfus (1872-1955).
- Date: Early 20th century.
- Condition: The hardboard is in very good condition despite some small marks. The frame has impacts and gaps, the main one being 2.5" on the lower horizontal outer edge.
- Materials: Canvas laid down on hardboard.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (with a surcharge for Australia/New Zealand)