19th-century French School oil on canvas still life in a gilded frame. The artwork exhibits a subtle texture when touched.
This minimalist still life composition from the 19th century showcases brushstrokes that vary in volume and intention, complemented by balanced lighting. The oranges are depicted with rich volumes of material, creating a textured and almost palpable effect. The silver cup stands out with its reflected light, adding visual contrast. The amber glows of the frame harmonize beautifully with the dominant dark tones of the composition.
- Overall Size: 12.5" x 14.9" / 32cm x 38cm.
- Size without the frame: 8.6" x 10.6" /22cm x 27cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Anonymous.
- Date: Late 1800's.
- Condition: The canvas is in good condition despite veins and a small lack above the cup. The period frame has traces and lacks, especially in the innermost edge.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas with a wood and stucco frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping is included with this painting. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.