Original Still Life Oil Painting from Europe: Belgian School from the beginning of the 20th-century oil on canvas painting signed J. Lagasse (1878-1962).
This sweet canvas is reminiscent of a traditional French Country kitchen with the apples, lemon and stoneware pitcher. The reflections and the light are well-balanced across the composition and the gray-blue gradient in the background adds a special depth to the work.
About the artist: Joseph Lagasse (1878-1962) was a Liège painter from the beginning of the 20th century, who studied The Beaux-Arts in Liège, like his brother, Marcel Lagasse (1880-1974), also a landscape painter. Joseph Lagasse painted his favorite landscapes Liège and Ardennes, as well as still lifes.
- Overall size: 16.9" x 21.6" / 43cm x 55cm.
- Size without the frame: 15.3" x 19.6" / 39.5cm x 50.5cm.
- Provenance: Belgium.
- Signed: Yes, Joseph Lagasse (1878-1962).
- Date: Early 1900s.
- Condition: The canvas is in good condition despite a partial lack of material on the upper left side (1.1"). The frame has several lacks and impacts in linear form, the main one is (8.2") on the upper left horizontal edge.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia.