19th-century French School oil on canvas signed by C. Renard (19th century). The canvas has a little texture to the touch.
A basket of flowers with a well-balanced light represented by the interplay of chiaroscuros between the uniform dark brown background and the yellow-tinged flowers' shine. The work's depth is accentuated by the material variations of the flowers accompanied by the detailed shadow work of the petals and leaves. The harmony of colors is enhanced by the aged golden frame and its darker impacts.
- Overall size: 15.3" x 12.4" / 39cm x 31.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 12.5" x 9.4" /32.5cm x 24.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: C.Renard (19th century).
- Date: Early 19th-century.
- Condition: The canvas is in good condition for its age and has a restoration patch on the back, visible in a slightly domed linear form in the center-right of the basket leaves. The frame has several impacts and traces and presents a slight flutter with the canvas.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (with a surcharge for Australia/New Zealand)