Les Trois Poivrons
Original French Oil Painting: Modern still life oil painting on canvas, signed in the lower right hand corner - Jean Julien (1888-1974).
The canvas has a relatively smooth surface with rare thicknesses on the curves of the peppers. The 4 dominant colors are powerful and stand out clearly against the light palette of the other elements. Julien gives a very beautiful depth to the work with a meticulous work of shadows and reflections. This is a perfect French Country kitchen style painting.
About the artist: Jean Julien is a French painter born in Marseille in 1888. Passionate about painting, he studied at the Beaux-Arts in Paris and was a student of the French painter Fernand Cormon (1845-1924). Julien exhibited regularly at the Salon des Artistes Français. He was friends with Marcel Pagnol, Fernandel, Raimu and Tino Rossi. Julien has been called "the ambassador of Provence in Paris," thanks to his strong personality and his magnificent Southern accent. Between WWI and WWII, he stayed in Italy, traveled to North Africa and all over France looking for powerful landscapes.
- Overall size: 18.8" x 22" / 48cm x 56cm.
- Size without the Frame: 14.5" x 17.7" / 37cm x 45cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Jean Julien (1888-1974).
- Date: 20th century.
- Material: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Condition: The canvas is in perfect condition. The frame is missing a few pieces mainly on the outer edges. The main one is on the right vertical edge (4.7").
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia and New Zealand.