Vintage oil painting from France: French school of the early twentieth-century, oil on wood, monogrammed MD.
The work is smooth on its surface. A wild bouquet with beautiful lighting contrasts between the yellow-gray background and the measured clarity of the composition. The choice of perspective and the "anarchy" of positions give even more depth to this still life. Found deep in Normandy in a barn, and we can imagine this piece comes from the region.
- Overall size: 23.2" x 18.8" / 59cm x 48cm.
- Size without the frame: 18.5" x 14.1" / 47cm x 36cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, MD.
- Date: Early XXth century.
- Condition: The panel is in very good condition despite a crack (0.7") on the upper right side. The frame bears some marks of time. Two small rows of beads are missing in the interior moldings on the lower left vertical edge. There is a blackened area (0.7") on the upper left vertical outer edge. There are gaps on the outer edges (not visible).
- Materials: Oil on wood.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia and New Zealand.