19th century French School oil on canvas. The artwork is smooth to the touch.
A landscape of undergrowth influenced by the Barbizon school. The highlight in this work is the chiaroscuro game between this wide sparkling sky and the dense and darkened forest. Its characters are in harmony with nature and at the same time somewhat vulnerable relative to the size of the trees.
- Overall size: 18.8" x 22.4" / 48cm x 57.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 12.2" x 15.9" / 31cm x 40.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Anonymous.
- Date: Around 1870.
- Condition: The canvas has a few small veins on the sky but the overall condition is very good. The frame has gaps and marks due to time.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).