Oil on canvas signed Paul Louis Mestrallet (1886-1961) and dated 1929.
A still life with dazzling luminosity. Mestrallet multiplies the light colors with deep wavy brush strokes. The vase offers great relief to the composition with its rounded geometry and shades of blue and purple.
About the artist: Paul Louis Mestrallet was born in Paris in 1886 and died in 1961. After training at the Beaux-Arts, he traveled around France in search of the right light and landscape. Using the technique of split brush, his work is known for an uninhibited use of bright colors. Apart from landscapes done in Brittany, Vendée, and the Mediterranean basin, Mestrallet painted Parisian bridges and produced many works of still life with generous color and texture. By 1909 his work started appearing in Parisian salons and was included in the Salon des Indépendants et des Artistes Français. Today, several French museums have collected works by Mestrallet.
- Overall size: 20" x 23.2"/ 51cm x 59cm.
- Size without the frame: 16.5" x 20" / 42cm x 51cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Paul Louis Mestrallet (1886-1961).
- Date: 1929.
- Condition: The canvas and the frame are in very good condition.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo.