A large scale 1800's watercolor showing a chinoiserie vase of flowers, signed Charlotte Morel 1891.
We came into this collection of watercolors via an atelier sale in Paris for the artist Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938) - husband of Charlotte Morel. Information on the C.Morel was hard to track down, but we did learn that Charlotte-Marie Morel was born in Nantes and exhibited in the Salon des Artistes Francais in 1892, '94, '95, '96, '98, '99, and 1903.
An avid watercolorist and drawer, C.Morel painted many flowers, and appeared to have an avid interest in botany and the natural world.
- Overall size: 22.4" x 16.9" / 57.5cm x 43cm.
- Provenance: France / Atelier Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938).
- Signed: Yes, Charlotte Morel (19th-20th century).
- Date: 1891.
- Materials: Watercolor on paper.
- Condition: Torn corners, and small damages on the paper along the edges, otherwise wonderful condition for age.
- Shipping: Free global shipping via La Poste (with a surcharge for Australia and New Zealand).