An 1800's watercolor showing a white flower, signed C.Morel and dated 1889.
We came into this collection of watercolors via an atelier sale in Paris for the artist Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938) - husband of Charlotte Morel. Information on the C.Morel was hard to track down, but we did learn that Charlotte-Marie Morel was born in Nantes and exhibited in the Salon des Artistes Francais in 1892, '94, '95, '96, '98, '99, and 1903.
An avid watercolorist and drawer, C.Morel painted many flowers, and appeared to have an avid interest in botany and the natural world.
- Overall size: 16.1" x 10.2" / 41cm x 26.5cm.
- Provenance: France / Atelier Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938).
- Signed: Yes, Charlotte Morel (19th-20th century).
- Date: 1889.
- Materials: Watercolor on paper.
- Condition: there are some dark ink stains on the paper, on the lower leaves. Otherwise, wonderful condition for age.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).