20th-century French School oil on carton signed Drax H (19th & 20th century) and dated 1922 in the lower lefthand corner. The work has a lot of texture to the touch.
This is an impressionist view representing a street in Cergy-Pontoise (Ile-de-France region), 20km from Paris. The brushstrokes are voluminous with visible lines that give dynamism and depth to the view. The palette is slightly pale but gives a feeling of realism.
About the artist: French painter and Parisian art bookbinder, Drax H was active at the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century. He became a member of the Society of Independent Artists beginning December 1927.
- Overall size: 11.4" x 13.7" / 29.5cm x 35cm.
- Size without the frame: 8.6" x 10.6" / 22cm x 27cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Drax H (19th & 20th century).
- Date: 1922.
- Condition: The panel is in excellent condition despite being 100 years old. the frame has a few small traces and impacts but its condition is also very good.
- Materials: Oil on carton.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (with a surcharge for Australia and New Zealand).