After the Mist
19th century French School oil on wood panel signed in the lower right-hand corner Brano. The artwork has a bit of texture to the touch on the trees.
A landscape with a slightly hazy light and well-executed perspective. The depth is finely done, with the distant shapes fading away over the water. The palette and the brush strokes are fine, with some colors subtly enhanced in strategic places to create depth. The reflections on the water and nuances on the path are proof of the artist's search for authenticity.
- Overall size: 17.7" x 22.8" / 45cm x 58.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 10.2" x 15.7" / 26.5cm x 40.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Brano.
- Date: Late 19th century.
- Condition: The panel is in very good condition. The wooden frame has gained in cachet over the years despite its few impacts and gaps concentrated in the exterior angles.
- Materials: Oil on wood panel.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).