Original French portrait painting: 19th-century French School oil on canvas, portrait of a gentleman.
The canvas of the work is perfectly smooth, with a natural patina with age, and softened hues on the face and sky of the sitter. This painting would look lovely as part of a portrait wall or in a French Farmhouse-inspired living area. He has such a charm and calm.
- Overall size: 21.2" x 17.7" / 54.5cm x 45.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 18.1" x 14.5" / 46cm x 37cm
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: No.
- Date: XIXth century.
- Condition: The canvas has visible veins, some of which are on the model's face. There are small gaps above the head of the model, where the surface of the painting has been scratched, and at the bottom right of the work. The frame bears marks and traces of time but retains a nice character with its aged coppery reflections.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).