Femme au Châle
Antique French Original Oil Portrait Painting: Louis Le Breton (1909-1957) graduated from the University of Cambridge and the Louvre School. He also worked for the Louvre Museum in the Middle-East, in Mesopotamia, where he was recognized by the local elite for his great knowledge of ancient oriental objects, his remarkable intelligence and incredible ability to work and classify objects found during excavations, many of which are still in the Louvre today.
Louis took advantage of his missions in Syria and Iran to paint portraits, as he did in Paris since his youth, where he was a student of Jacques-Emile Blanche (1861-1942). The master said about him: "Louis has an intelligence as I have seen very rarely". This vision which is reflected in the representation and the lively gaze captured in this painting on his model.
- Overall size: 40.5" x 33.8" / 103cm x 86cm.
- Size without the frame: 31.1" x 24.8" / 79.5cm x 63.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Louis Le Breton.
- Date: 1952.
- Condition: The canvas is in near perfect condition, with only one very small loss of paint on the shawl, right forearm side, (less than 0.1 "). A sign of restoration on the left side shows a slight doming (0.1 ") with a patch on the back. The frame is from the same period as the painting, and presents an overall ageing in the form of small scattered losses, without missing any major pieces.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).