20th century French School large scale oil painting on canvas signed in the lower left Georges Ferro La Grée (1941). The work has texture to the touch.
A post-impressionist garden scene with natural light that fades perfectly from the reclining figures to the top of the work. The brushstrokes increase in width with the distance, giving a beautiful depth to the garden. The double frame in gilded wood and internally covered in velvet is in harmony with the colors of the work and creates a refined whole.
About the artist: Georges Ferro La Grée was a French post-Impressionist painter born in 1941 in Poissy (Ile-de-France region) near Paris. He painted with a rich palette of colors, exhibited with broad strokes. He favored open country spaces and seascapes.
La Grée exhibited regularly in Europe and in the Parisian salons where he won awards on several occasions. He also exhibited in the United States in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Boston, and also in Japan.
- Overall size: 32.2" x 28.3" / 82cm x 72.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 21.6" x 18.1" / 55cm x 46cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Georges Ferro La Grée (1941).
- Date: 20th century.
- Condition: The frame and canvas are in excellent condition despite some rare marks on the frame.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (with a surcharge for Australia and New Zealand).