19th-century French School oil on carton. The work is smooth to the touch.
A view of a forest path with a seated woman in the foreground. The brushstrokes in rapid juxtaposition create movement and animate this wooded Impressionist landscape. The Impressionist approach is also notable in the alliance of colors. There is a natural luminosity to the scene, wells of light in the vegetation which make the view authentic and charged with ephemeral emotion. The painting has faded over time creating a romantic effect.
- Overall Size: 16.9" x 20" / 43cm x 51cm.
- Size without the frame: 12.2" x 15.7" / 31cm x 40cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Anonymous.
- Date: Late 1800's.
- Condition: The hard carton is in good condition but slightly domed inwards. The old frame has impacts and lacks moldings, the main one (0.7") is on the upper right horizontal edge.
- Materials: Oil on carton.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand.