20th-century French school oil on wood panel signed Frédéric Luce (1896-1974) lower right. The work has a little texture to the touch.
A bust portrait of a woman portrayed with broad, elongated brushstrokes. This technique imparts a textured effect to the character's skin, harmonizing seamlessly with the color tones. The red background, along with the intentional impacts and traces on the wood, bestows a substantial amount of character upon the artwork.
- Overall Size: 18.1" x 12.9" / 46cm x 33cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Frédéric Luce (1896-1974).
- Date: Mid 1900s.
- Condition: The panel displays gaps along the edges, a result of previous framing. The wood features vertical veins and a few minor impacts.
- Materials: Oil on wood panel.
- Shipping: Free global shipping is included with this painting. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.
- Please note: Paintings purchased between August 27-September 10 will ship the week of September 11th.