Vintage female nude from Paris: 20th century French School oil on canvas (without stretcher) with studio stamp on the lower left. The canvas has texture on the body and the seat.
A female seated nude with beautiful luminosity and a magnificent contrast of light and dark. The palette of the work is very complete like this flesh pink going as far as burgundy red on the skin of the model. The balance of warm and cold colors of the drapery and the background further enhances the beauty and intimate atmosphere created by Tisseyre.
About Maurice Tisseyre (1920 - 2017): Painter graduated from the National School of Fine Arts in Paris. He painted many wide open landscapes, from the Côte d'Azur, Roussillon, Italy, Spain, Morocco, Turkey, and also in and around Paris. His works always transcribe a real attachment to complex tones and a permanent search for light.
- Overall size: 28.3" x 22.8" / 72cm x 58.5cm
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Maurice Tisseyre (1920 - 2017).
- Date: 20th century.
- Condition: The canvas is in good condition despite veins and cracks.
There are gaps on the edges due to a past framing.
- Materials: Oil on canvas (without stretcher).
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).