19th-century Dutch school oil on canvas signed lower right by V. Ripten (19th-20th). The canvas is smooth to the touch.
The brushstrokes are fine and teeming with detail. A twilight landscape with perfectly distributed luminosity. The slightest of light effects are captured in this animated scene. Reflections and nuances on the water reveal the artist's attachment to precision. The palette is perfectly calibrated with cold and rather consensual colors for the wooded areas in order to better highlight the central pinkish glow of the sky. Strokes of color, like the red roofs of the mill in the distance, bring the viewer's eye into the depth of the painting. It is a landscape full of poetry, lost between Romanticism and Impressionism.
- Overall size: 20.8" x 28.7" / 53.5cm x 73cm.
- Size without the frame: 15.7" x 23.6" / 40cm x 60cm.
- Provenance: Holland.
- Signed: V. Ripten (19th-20th).
- Date: Late 19th century.
- Condition: Canvas in very good condition with some stains and cracks due to time. The gilded stucco frame is also in very good condition.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).