19th-century French School oil on wood panel signed in the lower right (illegible). The work is smooth to the touch.
A vertical view of characters walking along a tumbling river. The light is distributed between bright and dark areas and the depth in this scene is well marked with a village blurred on the horizon. The colors are fresh and inviting. A molded frame in wood and gilded stucco gives real cachet to this vertical landscape.
- Overall size: 20.8" x 13.7" / 53cm x 35cm.
- Size without the frame: 15.7" x 8.6" / 40.5cm x 22.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes (Illegible).
- Date: Late 19th-century.
- Condition: The panel is in excellent condition. The frame has traces due to time and a lack in the upper outer right corner (0.3").
- Materials: Oil on wood panel.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).