Bouquet de Fleurs
Original oil painting from France: Oil painting on carton from the 19th-century French School, signed in the lower-left corner Aline Le Mouton (1892-1971).
There are thick brushstrokes on the petals and the coppery vase. The background is full of shades ranging from bronze brown to imperial green. Here again, Le Mouton manages to combine a wealth of colors and tones into a singular scene, while maintaining a realism. There is a level of poetry in this technique, the layers of paint are composed in movement without abstracting the subject.
About the artist: Le Mouton is from the Rouen School and she attended the Beaux-Arts in this Normandy capital. She traveled extensively in Europe, and across the world. She produced many landscapes in tawny colors, while her florals are deep and powerful.
- Overall size: 25.5" 19.6" x / 65cm x 50cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Aline Le Mouton (1892-1971).
- Date: Mid 1900's.
- Condition: There are small gaps in the form of white spots, mainly at the upper right and left level of the bouquet. There is a gap in linear form to the left of the bouquet (3.9 ").
- Materials: Oil on cardboard.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia