Original painting from France: French School of the XIXth century study in oil on canvas signed on the back Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938).
The surface of the canvas is smooth without any excess material.
Ménard once again impresses with technical finesse and concern for morphological detail. His variations in skin tones and shadows are totally mastered. Beyond being an exquisite academic portrait, we feel a tenderness that emanates from the model, conveyed by the artist. It seems to be someone close and dear to him, that he looks upon and portrays with kindness, just as she appears gentle and soft.
- Overall size: 16.1" x 12.9" / 41cm x 33cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: No, attributed to Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938).
- Date: XIXth century.
- Condition: The canvas is in very good condition despite some signs of age.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo.