Vintage portrait painting in a gold frame: Oil on board signed in the lower right corner, Kurt Ferdinand Wolfgang von Pantz (1903 - 2003) and dated 1950. The work is titled "Christina Patino", which we imagine to be the name of the sitter.
The elegant portrait shows a woman in a beautiful red, off-the-shoulder dress, in the style of the 1940's. The grey and brown background highlights the fair woman with her light eyes and relaxed yet penetrating gaze. This painting would make a wonderful addition to a portrait wall or bedroom.
About the artist: Kurt Ferdinand Wolfgang von Pantz (1903 - 2003) was an Austrian Baron artist who was active for many years in Paris. His primary subjects were members of high society and rich landscapes, created during his travels. He exhibited in California and Boston, and this portrait was presented at the 18th Boston Society of Independent Artists Exhibition.
- Overall size: 19.6" x 16.5" / 50cm x 42cm.
- Size without the Frame: 15.3" x 12.2" / 39cm x 31cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Kurt Pantz.
- Date: 1950.
- Condition: The board is in perfect condition. The golden frame formed a patina over time, with red and burgundy reflections. There are a few small impacts and no significant gaps.
- Materials: Oil on canvas mounted on cardboard.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia and New Zealand.