Man in Suit
20th-century French School oil painting on canvas signed Alfred Lop (1898-1971), dated 1927 and located in Pau in the south-west of France. The canvas is smooth to the touch.
A naturalistic bust portrait of a man. The absence of decor shows us the man in his simplicity, his humanity. It is treated with respect by the artist, who faithfully reveals the color nuances of the skin which are perfectly contrasted by the natural areas of shadows on the lower half of the face. The gaze is direct and assured suggesting a bond of trust between the artist and the model.
- Overall size: 16.1" x 12.9" / 41cm x 33cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Alfred Lop (1898-1971), known as Alfred Lop Montel.
- Date: 1927.
- Condition: The work is in very good condition despite veins and some small gaps specifically along the exterior edge of the canvas showing where a frame once was.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia and New Zealand.