Antique European Landscape Painting: Flemish school of the 19th-century oil painting on wooden panel signed E.Andre in the lower left hand corner, with a date which appears to be 1868. There is a collector's red wax seal on the back.
The surface is perfectly flat despite an impression of volume created by this tumultuous sky whose light floods this seascape. The smooth and non-visible touch is the academic style of the time. Upon closer inspection, tiny figures are visible and the scene comes to life/ The palette is realistic, sober. The reliefs and detail are present as can be seen on the stone mill. This is a fine example of the time, and a rare large Flemish scene.
- Overall size: 19.6" x 22.8" / 50cm x 58cm.
- Size without the frame: 14.1" x 17.3" / 36.5cm x 44.5cm.
- Provenance: Belgium - France.
- Signed: Yes, E.Andre.
- Date: 1868.
- Condition: The panel is in an excellent state of conservation. The frame has an ornament missing in the lower right corner. There are some areas of red coloring and marks, like this loss of upper left horizontal side gilding (2.3 ").
- Materials: Oil on wood.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).