19th-century oil painting on a wooden panel, signed in the lower right corner(illegible). The work is smooth to the touch.
This scene shows a stable with a man leaning on a water trough beside his two working horses. A dog is sitting at his feet, and there are chickens in the lower right corner. The brushwork is detailed and tidy. The lighting gradually fades, probably coming from the stable's entrance on the right. This gradual change in light makes the scene and the shape of the horses appear more realistic. The stucco and wooden frame match well with the colors of the stable.
- Overall size: 11" x 12.2" / 28cm x 31.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 5.9" x 7.4" / 15.5cm x 19cm.
- Country: Belgium.
- Signed: Yes (illegible).
- Date: Late 19th century.
- Condition: The work exhibits visible veins up close. The frame displays several noticeable impacts.
- Materials: Oil on wood with a stucco and wood frame.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide shipping, with a small surcharge for Australia, New Zealand and Asia.