Cloudy River (reserved)
19th-century French school oil on canvas monogrammed YRK (19th century) in the lower left, showcasing a captivating Impressionist landscape with a slightly textured surface.
The painting features skillful comma brushstrokes and mastered volumes, creating a sense of movement from the swirling sky to the central trees. Attention to detail is evident in the realistic reflections in the water and the evolving color palette. The bright light in the scene is slightly veiled due to the passage of time.
- Overall Size: 14.9" x 20.8" / 38.5cm x 53cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Monogrammed YRK (19th century).
- Date: Late 19th century.
- Condition: The pictorial layer displays small circular visible spots in the upper light areas, and the edges show traces of a previous frame.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia, New Zealand, and Asia.