20th-century French School large-scale oil on canvas signed E. Corso (20th century artist). The work has a little texture to the touch.
An Impressionist landscape with two women sitting on the lush edge of a meandering river. The brushstrokes are large, voluminous, and reflecting a particular exaltation. The emotion and complexity of the peaceful scene is visible on the canvas through the abundance of material and the diversity of the brushstrokes. The light of the view is enhanced by a multitude of juxtaposed light tones. The Impressionist approach is also found in the river with its flow of colors and its work of reflections.
- Overall Size: 24" x 28.3" / 61cm x 72cm.
Size without the frame: 19.6" x 24" / 50.5cm x 61cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: E. Corso (20th).
- Date: Early 20th-century.
- Condition: The canvas is in good condition despite a little wear in places of the pictorial layer. The frame has a few marks and impacts but the overall condition is good.
- Materials: Oil on a stretched canvas with a wood frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.